This fabulous summer recipe comes to us courtesy of my good friends at the National Association of Nutrition Professionals. It’s just too good not to pass on!
- 1 (5-pound) watermelon
- 1 Vidalia or other sweet onion
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 whole mint sprigs
- Cut the flesh from the melon and cut into bite size pieces, removing and discarding the seeds, and set aside. Peel and slice the onion into rings.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, salt, pepper, and whisk until salt is dissolved. Slowly whisk in the olive oil, a few drops at a time. Add in the chopped mint, taste, and adjust seasonings.
- In a large bowl, combine the melon, onion, and feta. Pour the dressing over the melon mixture and toss gently until everything is coated and evenly mixed. Garnish with mint sprigs.
- To serve, divide salad among individual plates and garnish with mint leaves.
HI DR JONNY!
I HAVE PURCHASED 3 BOTTLES OF YOUR RECOMMENDED SLEEP AID! I HAVE CHRONIC INSOMNIA & I TRAVEL THRU MANY TIMES ZONES OFTEN WHICH DOESN’T HELP! I DO TAKE MELATONIN & HAVE BEEN ON THE TYPICAL DRUGS THAT WORK BUT IT’S NOT NATURAL SLEEP! WILL HAVE THE WATERMELON SALAD AS WELL! MINT ON EVERYTHING IS DIVINE! BEST CHEER! NANCY